Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

David Cronenberg: Transformation at MOCCA



Your Name and Student Number: Rawaa Bakhsh - 2450500


Event/Activity: David Cronenberg: Transformation at MOCCA


Date and Time: October 2013
Short Description:
So I went twice to the exhibit. Once by chance before knowing it was required, I stopped for 15 minutes as I walked along Queen west. At that time I had no idea who Cronenberg, Brietz, or any of them were. And I have to say I did not get much out of it. After getting exposed to everyone this semester, I took a fried and went back to it and the amount of things I got out of it is massive.

Event/Activity Effects, Impacts, Inspiration! (point form précis)
1) I was impressed by how one person as a start point can produce such different art.
2) how different each artist represented cronenbergs work.  
3) how creative Candice is even when commissioned to work with something that is assigned to her, and how it relates to her other work.
4) how important Cronenburg is and how little I know about his accomplishments.

Direct Outcomes of this Event/Activity (point form précis)
Looking deeply at different ways multiple artists can deal with one topic. Like cronenburgs work.
Researching and googling everything you don’t know or understand, the power of having all the info you need right t your fingertips.
How reproductions of work can vary, from one artist to the other.  

No comments:

Post a Comment