Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Bill Shannon.




Your Name and Student Number: Rawaa Bakhsh - 2450500


Event/Activity: Bill Shannon Performance at Butterfield park,OCADU.

Date and Time: September 19th , 4:30pm



Short Description:
Bill Shannon gave a 20 min long performance that included dance, and street art like performance, he interacted with the audience, asking them to boo and applaud. Using his crutches and skateboard he did a series of impressive moves that many street dancers would preform, and gave them crazy street dancer names too. Having researched and met Shannon before the performance, I had a bit of insight to what I was about to see. Unfortunately I was unable to attend the lecture.



Event/Activity Effects, Impacts, Inspiration! (point form précis)
1) A whole new perspective on people who are disabled. And I thought wheel chair public transit was a miracle.
2) Interesting terminology he uses when describing his work and specially his moves.
3) how closely his own research ties in to his work, a live reflexive methodology in the way he designs his tools. (Crutches)
4) how I thought when I first met him that he only had the sticks as a prop and that he doesn’t need them.
5) I was impressed by how he overcame the obstacle he had and how charismatic he is, personality really does show in his work.


Direct Outcomes of this Event/Activity (point form précis)
Working with a live audience and dealing with a live audience when the work is in real time. Even though my work does not really relate to him, I came out of this with wanting to be as passionate as he is about his work.
And to have confidence in what I produce and reveal to the public. And back everything up with massive research and practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment