Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

David Bowie



Your Name and Student Number: Rawaa Bakhsh - 2450500


Event/Activity: David Bowie is

Date and Time: Nov 1st 2013   

Short Description:
A Massive exhibit, I only wished I loved David Bowie or knew who he was before I went to this exhibit, I can totally see how people who love his work would enjoy this show, it felt like going to a concert or a museum dedicated to him. I found that too many things were forced in. and were not necessary at all. The only thing missing was his underwear.. such an “in your face show” I went in with a mind set on noticing collaboration in making this show, but all I came out of is how massive bowie is. MASSIVE.. show that highlighted no one but him.. to much content to digest in one visit.


Event/Activity Effects, Impacts, Inspiration! (point form précis)
1) how pop culture and music are important in making idols that are worthy of such huge exhibits
2) how little I know about the 70’s!
3) even books he was inspired by or maybe existed in his library by chance were hanging from the ceiling.
4) never throw away anything, who knows.. it might be worth of displaying in a glass box one day.


Direct Outcomes of this Event/Activity (point form précis)
It was too full, to loud and to chaotic. At some point I felt like I just wanted to leave.
I wished it was more focused and toned down a notch.
I still wonder why its at the AGO. And I question the decision on taking it to canada and the
AGO.
Toronto needs a design museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment